Welcome Guest: เข้าสู่ระบบ | สมัครสมาชิก วันเวลาปัจจุบัน ศุกร์ มี.ค. 29, 2024 4:58 am

หน้าเว็บบอร์ด ร่วมทำงานกับเรา School Master We’ve got some other thoughts potentially to make

School Master คุยกัน

Moderator: photo_a

We’ve got some other thoughts potentially to make

โพสต์โดย linchao เมื่อ ศุกร์ ธ.ค. 20, 2019 9:24 am

Remember when Jay-Z was a dynamic hip-hop artist whose stark lyrics gave voice to the oppressed and downtrodden?Well Arik Armstead Jersey , those days are over.He may have 99 Problems — but a conscience certainly ain't one.Completing his transformation to total sellout, Jay-Z climbed into bed with those racial progressives over at the NFL in what was clearly nothing more than a money grab for one side and a public-relations coup for the other.Sorry, Kaep.Social justice has been banished to the sidelines."I think we've moved past kneeling and I think it's time to go into actionable items," Jay-Z said in a ludicrously weak attempt to spin his hefty NFL payoff into some sort of profile in courage.With a totally straight face — and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell by his side — the rap icon and entrepreneur said his partnership with the league is actually a progressive step to carry on the campaign that banished quarterback Colin Kaepernick courageously began by kneeling during the national anthem to bring attention to police brutality and glaring racial inequities in the U.S. justice system."I think everyone knows what the issue is — we're done with that," Jay-Z said. "We all know the issue now. OK, next."Hmm, where have we heard that before?Oh, yeah, from opponents of the civil rights movement, who derided those protesting against whites-only lunch counters and seats in the back of the bus as nothing more than rabble-rousers who should've been focused on real issues afflicting the African American community, as if a system that denied pretty much every human dignity wasn't the actual problem."Now that we all know what's going on, what are we going to do?" Jay-Z said, putting his foot further in his mouth. "How are we going to stop it? Because the kneeling was not about a job, it was about injustice."Hey, maybe the NFL should take its deal with Roc Nation to a whole new level by pairing Jay-Z with Jon Voight, another celebrity (yes, kids Frank Gore Color Rush Jersey , Jon Voight was once a cutting-edge actor) who turned in what little was left of his cred card after that awful film "Anaconda" by declaring recently that racism was "solved long ago by our forefathers."We can see the ad now:"Welcome to another season of exciting NFL football! Featuring the social justice stylings of Jay-Z, who'll show us all how to make a buck off police beating up black people. And the racially harmonious world of Jon Voight, asking the question that's been on everyone's mind: Why can't we all just get along? And finally, we'll bring you the smiling face of Roger Goodell, reminding everyone for the 847th time that Colin Kaepernick is not in the NFL because he's just not good enough."Now, back to reality.Safety Eric Reid, who joined Kaepernick in his kneeling protest but managed to keep a job in the NFL, took aim at Jay-Z for teaming up with the league without getting some sort of assurance that his former 49ers teammate would get another crack at taking the field, something he clearly wants to do.Jay-Z framed it this way: "So what are we gonna do? ... (Help) millions and millions of people, or we get stuck on Colin not having a job."Reid replied on Twitter: "These aren't mutually exclusive. They can both happen at the same time! It looks like your goal was to make millions and millions of dollars by assisting the NFL in burying Colin's career."Touche.Maybe we're being too hard on Jay-Z, who has long pulled off that delicate balancing act between social consciousness (such as his Trayvon Martin documentary series) and the potential pitfalls of good ol' capitalism (his 2013 collaboration with Barney's was widely panned over allegations that the luxury store discriminated against black shoppers).He's been on the right side of many issues, but never let it stand in the way of making a buck.Jay-Z was reportedly peeved at rapper Travis Scott for performing with Maroon 5 during last season's Super Bowl in Atlanta, after many black artists bailed on the halftime show over the league's treatment of Kaepernick. But now that he's got all that cash in his pocket, Jay-Z says his stance had nothing to do with the ex-quarterback."My problem is (Scott) had the biggest year to me last year, and he's playing on a stage that had an M on it," Jay-Z said. "I didn't see any reason for him to play second fiddle to anyone that year, and that was my argument."Jay-Z says he won't be performing at this season's Super Bowl https://www.49ersfanshop.com/Bradley-Pinion-Jersey , but his company — home to Rihanna, DJ Khaled and other stars — will co-produce the halftime show and serve as a consultant on other entertainment projects with the league, as well as working with its Inspire Change initiative."The NFL has a great big platform, and it has to be all-inclusive," Jay-Z told The New York Times when his deal with the league was first announced. "They were willing to do some things, to make some changes, that we can do some good."Too bad he won't be pushing for an NFL that includes Kaepernick.Paul Newberry is a sports columnist for The Associated Press. Write to him at pnewberry@ap.org or at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963 His work can be found at https://apnews.com Win or lose, Green Bay Packers coach Matt LaFleur has stressed the need for his team to “hit the reset button” and move onto the next game.That will be as important as ever following a 37-8 loss at San Francisco on Sunday night.The Packers were coming off a bye week so should have been prepared mentally and physically. Having played a tougher schedule, they were the more tested team. And they were the healthier team. But with first place in the NFC on the line, Green Bay was dominated in all three phases.Green Bay must shake off this game before hitting the road to face the struggling New York Giants. How can LaFleur ensure Sunday night’s outcome doesn’t linger?“By going back to work and taking it one day at a time and putting in the right prep. That’s the only way I know how to bounce back from anything,” LaFleur said on Monday. “I’ve got confidence in these guys that they’re going to. Everybody was hurting in that locker room.“Everybody was disappointed. And I think these guys will battle. What I love about our group is I didn’t feel like there was anybody pointing fingers. We’ve all got to look inward — coaches, players, everybody involved — and look at ourselves and be honest with ourselves about what we can do better. We’ve shown we can do a lot better than this. You’ve got to give the Niners a lot of credit — that’s a good football team — but we know we didn’t play to the level of our expectations.”WHAT’S WORKINGGreen Bay’s pass rush was perhaps the only bright spot. Outside linebacker Preston Smith added a half-sack to push his team-leading total to 10½ sacks. Fellow outside linebacker Za’Darius Smith had 1½ sacks to reach 10 sacks for the season. That gave Green Bay a 10-sack tandem for only the second time since sacks became an official stat in 1982.WHAT’S NOT WORKINGNothing worked against the 49ers. Offensively, Green Bay averaged 2.82 yards per play, the fourth-lowest figure in the entire league this season and failed to move the chains on its first 14 third downs.Defensively, the Packers once again showed a total inability to cover tight ends. Including the 129 receiving yards and one touchdown by San Francisco’s George Kittle, the opponent’s No. 1 tight end has averaged 100 receiving yards the past five games. The 61-yard touchdown by Kittle was a game-breaker Laken Tomlinson Jersey , with the Packers having just pulled within 23-8.“Against a team of that caliber, with one of the best defensive lines in the National Football League and with a sound back end, where they’re not going to give up big plays, that’s a big-time challenge to really overcome that type of deficit in their home stadium,” LaFleur said.STOCK UPIn four seasons with Baltimore, Za’Darius Smith had 18½ sacks. He’s got a career-high 10 this season after tallying 1½ sacks, three quarterback hits and a team-high six tackles.STOCK DOWNWhen Davante Adams missed four games with a toe injury, running back Aaron Jones helped pick up the slack with 22 receptions for 280 receiving yards and three touchdowns. Adams has caught seven passes in each of his three games back in the lineup but Jones has caught 1 of 4 targets for minus-1 yard. He didn’t have any catches against the 49ers.“That falls on me right there,” LaFleur said. “I’ve got to do a better job of making sure he’s in the game when some of those plays are called for the halfbacks.”INJUREDRight tackle Bryan Bulaga suffered an injured right knee during the first quarter.“Bryan’s been a rock for us at right tackle,” quarterback Aaron Rodgers said after the game.Alex Light, an undrafted free agent in 2018, replaced Bulaga but might not get the call against if Bulaga is out against New York.“We’ve got some other thoughts potentially to make sure that we put our best five out there,” LaFleur said. One option would be to shift right guard Billy Turner out to right tackle and insert Lucas Patrick at right guard.KEY NUMBERS6.7: Green Bay’s third-down conversion rate after going 1 of 15. That’s the third-worst performance by any team in the NFL this season. Meanwhile, there have been only eight times this season in which a team failed to move the chains 10 percent of the time. San Francisco’s defense was responsible for three of those games.“We were terrible on third down,” Rodgers said. “The games we’ve got out and played well on offense, we’ve had a good run game. They shut us down for a good part of the night running the ball and we couldn’t really throw it either.”NEXT STEPSThe Packers are tied with Minnesota for the NFC North lead at 8-3. Green Bay will play at the Giants (2-9) on Sunday and host the Redskins (2-9) and Bears (5-6) the following two weeks before playing at Minnesota in Week 16.
linchao

โพสต์: 268
Cash on hand: 50.00

ย้อนกลับไปยัง School Master

ผู้ใช้งานขณะนี้

กำลังดูบอร์ดนี้: ไม่มีสมาชิกใหม่ และ บุคคลทั่วไป 6 ท่าน