Welcome Guest: เข้าสู่ระบบ | สมัครสมาชิก วันเวลาปัจจุบัน ศุกร์ มี.ค. 29, 2024 12:09 pm

หน้าเว็บบอร์ด ร่วมทำงานกับเรา School Master Chiefs’ Andy Reid roundup: the left-handed throw

School Master คุยกัน

Moderator: photo_a

Chiefs’ Andy Reid roundup: the left-handed throw

โพสต์โดย linchao เมื่อ ศุกร์ ธ.ค. 07, 2018 9:57 am

the fourth down play, and Bob Sutton Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid spoke on Tuesday following his team’s 27-23 victory over the Denver Broncos on Monday night.

Let’s round Womens Customized Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys up some key takeaways:Reid said that he was proud of the way his team performed against the Broncos.Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY SportsAnd naturally, there was a food reference.“Everybody has a little piece of the pie here,” Reid said. “It was a team effort, and a good character check. I thought the guys reached down and did a good job of pulling the game out on both sides of the ball — and special teams.“They made big plays when needed — particularly at the end of the first half and the end of the game. I’m proud of the guys for how they handled themselves.”Reid had no further information on injuries suffered by Sammy Watkins and Dee Ford during Monday’s game, but did provide some insight into Patrick Mahomes’ spectacular left-handed throw under pressure.Photo by Dustin Bradford/Getty ImagesReid said that because of the way the Broncos blitzed Mahomes, he had more opportunities to improvise.“There were more opportunities [to make plays outside of the pocket] — more than he’s had up to this point. There will be games like that, where they’re doing a lot of things. They had a couple of nice little blitzes for us early — fire zone things and blitzes — where he had to move. The one he threw left-handed was one of those.”Reid said that Tyreek Hill was actually the primary receiver on the play, and Mahomes was just doing the best he could to get it into Hill’s hands.“There are certain plays where you just have to be able to do that,” Reid said.While Reid acknowledged that it was good to see his quarterback bring his team back for a victory, it wasn’t entirely unexpected.“You saw it in college, and you’re hoping you see a little bit of it here,” he said. “We saw a little bit of it against Denver last year when we put him back in.“Listen... it’s a Monday night game. It’s the only show going. To be able to perform like that when it’s needed is a good thing. He has a ton of things he’s got to clean up. He’s got a lot of room here to improve, but his improv is 10 of 10.”Reid also talked about his decision to go for it on fourth down in the first quarter, when the Chiefs were trailing by just three points.Photo by Matthew Stockman/Getty Images“These games are always knock-down drag-outs,” he explained. “That’s how I feel going into them. It’s doesn’t matter how the teams are playing at the time. This one happened to be early, and both teams were playing good football. I just felt like we needed to do that — to stay aggressive.”And Reid spoke in glowing terms of his defensive coordinator Bob Sutton.“Bob’s a brilliant guy,” he said. “The players know that. They know that he’s going to try to put them in the best possible position that he can. The thing he does is that he deciphers things, and has a good feel. Nobody watches more tape than he does www.chiefscheapshoponline.com , or studies more.“I thought he did a great job of that in the fourth quarter, just kind of analyzing what’s going on, what’s coming forward here, and keeping his guys going. And he stayed aggressive. That sack — that was huge there at the end. On that last drive, time was everything, and that put them into a long field. It’s that kind of thinking that makes him special.”Reid said that in his view, many of the defensive problems are due to the limited time the defensive unit has had to play together.“I think it’s just a matter of playing more together,” he explained. “I’ve mentioned this. Because of the way things worked out in the preseason; there just wasn’t a lot of continuity there because of injuries.“I think it’s just a matter of guys continuing to play — to communicate. Communicating helps you. Playing in a system helps you. But doing it in a live situation, you’re not going to get that in practice right now. You’ve got to kind of catch up there. The group plays well together, and they want to continue to get better.” The Kansas City Chiefs welcomed back veteran safety Daniel Sorensen to the roster this week, using their first of two allotted activations from injured reserve on the season. Sorensen suffered a tibial plateau fractured in his left knee during Chiefs training camp but has since recovered and appears to be ready to go.Wednesday marked Sorensen’s first practice as a member of the Chiefs’ active roster since camp, even though he had already been practicing with the team for two weeks.“Dan has been out there running around the last couple weeks,” head coach Andy Reid said Wednesday. “He has done well with it. We will just see. We will see how he goes. We will see how he does during practice here.”According to the Chiefs’ official injury report, Sorensen had limited participation. Reid said the Chiefs will use the three practices this week to determine how much Sorensen can play against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.Photo by Jason Miller/Getty Images“It is good to have him back out there in whatever capacity he can go at,” Reid added. “I don’t know how much he can play or not play right now. We are looking at it just like you are looking at it. We are just seeing where he is at.”One of the things NFL players and coaches will tell you during training camp in the summer is that a major aspect of the workouts is getting into football shape. While the gym provides a means of staying conditioned, there is no match for on-field drills.That is why the NFL builds in a three-week buffer when a player is returning from injured reserve.“Practicing these last two weeks has been huge as far as conditioning and just being around some bodies moving in different directions and things like that,” Sorensen said. “You can’t simulate everything that’s going to happen in a game, but being out there and getting out there this week possibly could help with that conditioning.”While not ideal, missing the first nine games of the NFL season does have its advantages.Off the field Kansas City Chiefs T-Shirt , Sorensen still attended meetings and walkthroughs and had the opportunity to interact with his teammates. He said the time spent away from game film allowed him to study and improve upon some personal things.Sorensen also admitted Wednesday that there is a clear advantage to having fresh legs with seven games to play. That said, if Sorensen does play against the Cardinals, it sounds like it might be with simple goals in mind.Photo by Peter Aiken/Getty Images“If it is that I get out there, [my goal is] to just get comfortable being back out there,” he explained. “Being able to have confidence with contact—something that you can’t simulate with the rehab and things like that. That’s kind of my goal—to regain some confidence.”No matter his role Sunday, Sorensen is just the first piece in what the Chiefs hope to be an improved defense as the next few weeks roll along. The preseason plan called for Sorensen and Eric Berry to start at the safety positions, with Justin Houston, who has missed the last four weeks due to a hamstring injury, to start at the left outside linebacker position.In the trio’s absence, linebackers Dee Ford and Breeland Speaks, as well as safeties Ron Parker, Eric Murray and Jordan Lucas have done an ample job filling the void.But Sorensen said the idea of a complete defense—now that is something to get excited about.“I think that’s a very real thing,” he said. “I’ve certainly thought about it and as we’re pushing toward the second half of the season and down the stretch, that’s going to be key, it’s going to be huge. “The more bodies we can get back and can get healthy, the better I think we can be.”
linchao

โพสต์: 268
Cash on hand: 50.00

ย้อนกลับไปยัง School Master

ผู้ใช้งานขณะนี้

กำลังดูบอร์ดนี้: ไม่มีสมาชิกใหม่ และ บุคคลทั่วไป 7 ท่าน